Kids-health is a site packed with hints and tips to keep you and the family healthy.
Do A Rain Dance
Most of us loathe getting caught in the rain, and let’s face it with the present rainfall levels being enough to practically sink the planet – most of us HAVE been caught in the rain recently! So mindful of that great adage “if you can’t beat ‘em join ‘em” we have decided that during the next downpour we are going out to dance in the rain – yes – do a rain dance!
Crazy though. We actually don’t need any more rain, why in heaven’s name would we want to dance for more. Well I have 3 motives:
- To see the pure unbridled joy on the kids’ faces at being allowed to mess about in a deluge.
- To get them running around and exercising, and
- To make the rain STOP (note number 6 below).
How To Do Rain Dance – a bit like a Native American.
1. Never do a rain dance on a hill.
2. Make sure you have a lot of room so you don’t run into anything.
3. Spin around in clockwise circles.
4. Make up your own rain chant. It should be rhythmical and easy to say fast.
5. Yell your rain chant while spinning around in circles.
6. If you are trying to get rid of rain, spin in counterclockwise circles and say your chant backwards.