Kids-health is a site packed with hints and tips to keep you and the family healthy.
Facts About Fruit
You’ve got to admit there are some pretty crazy looking fruits out there. They come in all shapes, sizes and colours. Some are sweet, some are sour, soft, juicy, crunchy, knobbly – whoa! You could write a whole page of adjectives to describe fruits. But there’s one thing they all have in common -they’re all nutritious and provide essential nutrients and vitamins for health.
Can you name any of these:
Ok so here are your clues: Lychee, Papaya, Starfruit, Pomegranate – Which is which?
They are funny looking but what about some funny info? You can astound, astonish and amaze your friends and family with these top ten utterly useless but fabulously fun facts about fruit:
- The average strawberry has 200 seeds on the outside – you try counting!
- A quarter of an apple is air – that’s why apples float.
- Banana plants can grow 2 centimetres in 12 hours.
- Pumpkins are fruits. Pumpkin is from a Greek word and means ‘large melon’.
- There are 7000 different varieties of apple in the world.
- Orange does not rhyme with any other word.
- The riper the banana, the sweeter the taste because starch is turned into sugar as it gets riper.
- Tomatoes are a fruit because their seeds are in the middle.
- In China, the peach is a symbol of good luck.
- There are over 65 million orange trees in Florida, America.
That’s FRUITY LOOPY!